We live in an ever-changing world where everyone experiences varying degrees of stress and our children are no different.
Our children live in a society that is constantly on the move – the morning rush to get to school, the pressure to get good grades, music lessons, sports trainings, attention from friends, the need to ‘fit in’ and self-esteem issues are just a few things that our children endure in their lives.
As we know as adults, we all cope with the stresses of life in a range of ways and although the stresses influencing our children’s lives don’t seem that serious to us, they can have a profound effect on how a child can focus and feel, which left uncontrolled will eventually have an impact on their self-esteem and overall happiness in life.
Some of the benefits of teaching children yoga are:
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Teaches techniques for self-health and relaxation
- Improves self-esteem and self-confidence
- Teaches cooperation, teamwork, compassion and care
- Improves overall health, strength, flexibility, coordination and body awareness
- Improves focus
- Reduces restlessness
- Improves fitness while gentle on growing bodies
- Helps kids find themselves, enabling them to connect more deeply with their inner-self and to develop an intimate relationship with the natural world that surrounds them
- Nourishes creativity and imagination
- Teaches kids not to act on impulse and to do what is right
- Promotes open-mindedness and the ability to think outside the box
- Improves Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Improves Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Assists with symptoms of Asthma
- Effective for weight loss and maintaining a healthy weight
- Improves fatigue and sleep conditions
- Improves communication skills
Kids Yoga can open children’s hearts and help teach them how to have a happy, healthy and productive life.